There could be several reasons for blocking a website. Be it for the safety of your children or the security of your device and confidential data. With increasing online bugs these days, it has become quite essential to have a secure web browsing experience. You may block certain websites that you do not want your kids to visit. This blog will help you know how to block certain websites on Mozilla Firefox. You may block websites using the free Block Site add-on recommended by Firefox. To learn more, read below.
Ways to Block Websites On Mozilla Firefox
- Using Block Site on a computer
- Using the Hosts File in the windows
- Using the Hosts File on macOS.
- Using Leechblock NG on Android.
- Using Content Restrictions on an iPhone or iPad.
Steps to Block a Website Using Block Site
- The first step to block a site on your computer is to open Firefox on your computer. Click on Windows Start Menu if you have Windows; otherwise, click on Mac’s Applications folder.
- Type https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/block-website in the URL bar. This lets you block sites on Firefox. Through this feature, you can also set a unique password so that only you have access to remove sites from the block list.
- Now Click on the blue button that says “+Add to Firefox. You can locate this button on the top right corner of the area.
- You will see a Warning prompt on your screen; click on Add. This is basically to add an extension to Firefox.
- Now you may check the box next to Allow this extension to run in Private Windows. You can locate this on the top right corner of the web browser on the Block Site added to the Firefox window. This is optional; through this, you can ensure that your block’s websites will remain blocked even if someone tries to operate in a private browsing window.
- Select the button that says Ok, Got It to confirm.
- Click on the three horizontal dots on your system’s top right corner; you will see a dropdown.
- Select Add-ons and then click on Extensions on the left side of the window.
- Now open the page for blocked sites. You will have to scroll down until you locate the Block Site heading and then click on the three horizontal dots beside it, click on Options.
- Here you can paste or type the website you want to block in the URL bar.
- You will see an Add option; click on it to add the site to the blocked websites list.
- Now create a Master Password; this will help you make any changes you wish to make in the blocked site list.
- The last step is to click Save to save the changes that you have made.